Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 47 Feb 16


I had a little bit of a health scare on Saturday. I checked myself into the ER because I was having some pretty intense pain in my chest. I decided I could ignore it after several hours when it didn't get any better and actually got worse. I was afraid it was my heart. But after being hooked up to the EKG and then being checked out for appendix and gall bladder problems the doctor gave me a drink that had some novocaine in it. Immediate relief. So the diagnosis was GERD and I was sent home with a RX for Nexium. After two days I could be their poster child! I'm feeling back to normal!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO glad your chest pains were nothing serious! That little purple pill works wonders! GERD has been the cause of a lot of my sinus problems and even my recurring bronchitis. I hope you heal quickly. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how scary!! I am so glad to hear you are ok and that Nexium is working so well so fast for you!!!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it was GERD and not heart! I have it too and Prilosec is my lifesaver! I thought sure one day I had a haart attack and had to pull over in the car. It felt like somebody hit me with a sledgehammer on my back and it immediately radiated to my chest and I thought I was a goner it hurt so bad. I couldn't believe it was my GERD! Usually it takes a while for it to work up to a pain like that! I had no idea how badly it could hurt. So glad you found a quick solution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, what is GERD Marleen? I am glad it wasn't your heart! Or appendix or gall bladder for that matter! No emergency flights to Anchorage ok? Glad to know you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a scare! I'm so glad that you're doing better now, I'm glad that you made the smart choice and went to the ER, too many people wait too long.

    ReplyDelete