Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 23 Jan 23



The ball is rolling! Tonight I booked the tickets that will get us to Seattle. Alaska Airlines is having a pretty good deal until tomorrow at noon so I had to book. With a companion ticket and 15,000 miles the three of us can get to Seattle and back for $800. I still don't have Josi's passport in my hand, but when I called the passport office yesterday they told me that it had been mailed on Wednesday, so I'm trusting that it will be here soon.
In Seattle we will meet up with my sister and then we will head to CHINA! We are going to a reunion for children adopted from Cadi's orphanage. We will travel for 13days and have 9 days in China. It's amazing how far away China is from Alaska when it comes to travel. We are pretty excited because another family from our adoption group will be there! We haven't seen them in 10 years! Winter seems to be so much easier to take when you have something to plan for and anticipate. Did I say WE'RE GOING TO CHINA!

10 comments:

  1. Marleen, that is SOOOOOOOOOO exciting! Congratulations - what a wonderful experience for your girls, and for you too! Can't wait to see those "pictures of the day" and LOs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how cool!! Can't wait to follow along as you blog your days in China. I'm looking forward to hearing your girls' reactions. What cities are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marleen????? Are you kidding me!!! CHINA!!!! Oh, girl I so want to come along.Wish I had the $$ to join you. I can't wait to see pics and LOs about your trip and read all about this exciting journey! Where are you going in China? Bernice(CDS) is over there, somewhere!
    This is soooo cool!!!!! The girls must be so excited about this. And you too I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you, I'm so glad you just decided to go for it!!! What a memorable trip for the three of you. If you haven't seen it, try to get the video Found in China by Carolyn Stanek about taking her two daughters back to China. I met her at a video showing, and I watched her earlier videos about adopting TaiLi and KaiMei.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, how exciting!!! This is FABULOUS!!! Can't wait to follow your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great photo, but love the story behind it way more...how awsome you get to go to China! Have fun and would be awsome the have some photos from there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chantal, we will be going to Beijing and then on to Nanjing and Yangzhou in Jiangsu Province. Not too far from Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that is just sooo amazing!!!! Have a great trip and you know we will all be here on pins and needles waiting for photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for you!! Can't wait to see your photos of Jiangsu!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how exciting! I can't wait to take my girls back.. some day! what a great deal too! wish I could hide in your suitcase! :)

    ReplyDelete