Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 8 Jan 8th



Reading Buddies

One of the really neat things about teaching in a small town is that I'm teaching in the same school my kids are in. Yes I did teach both of them their kindergarten year and it went well. I like the fact that they swing by to give me a hug every once in awhile and that sometimes I can eat lunch with them. My younger daughter is in the 3rd grade and her class is reading buddies with the kindergarten class. They come once a week and read for about 20 minutes. She usually ends up with the same kindergartner. They took a dance class together earlier this year and despite the age difference they really seem to enjoy each other. Here they are reading together today.

8 comments:

  1. Great shot! Nothing warms my heart more than to see kids reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you got to be Josi and Cadi's teacher for K! I love this photo and that the 3rd graders are reading buddies to the K's! I am so envious of that small-town life. I have longed for that my entire life - all while living in the shadow of Atlanta. ONe of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josi looks very mature in this photo! She evidently takes her responsibility very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the reading buddy program - how neat to get to see Josi come in and read. Great job catching this moment so candidly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing school you teach in!!! We had reading buddies at our school when my big kids were little but I have no idea if they still do it, it is a GREAT program!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I have Kate at my school now too - it's really fun. I get to hear about Kate's reading buddy too, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great photo! I love the intense look on their faces. Great job.

    ReplyDelete